Cookies - This website uses some advertising cookies to improve its performance.

Ossario italiano

The ossuary at Gradič, near the church of St. Anton, was opened by none other than Benito Mussolini in 1938. It is the burrial place of over 7000 known and unknown Italian soldiers, whose remains were brought into the ossuary from the nearby military cemetaries. The area around the osuuary contains the remains of prehistoric and Roman antique settlements. Unfortunatelly, most of the remains were destroyed during the construction of the ossuary.

Foto: Klemen Urbančnik

Ossario italiano

Offerenti alloggio nella regione

Web site production