The castle was supposedly built in the 10th or 11th century. It acquired its present appearance after the 1511 earthquake. It is most famous for its round bastille, the largest of its kind in Slovenia. There are also two interesting chapels; one of them is of Protestant origin, the Catholic chapel was added later. Every year the castle hosts the Annual Knights’ Tournament.
Foto: Primož & Barbara Jelar