On the hill in the vicinity of the settlement Mirna, are located the remains of the castle Mirna. The castle was built in the 12th century, on the spot of the ex Roman fort. The castle was damaged during the peasant revolt in 1515. It was burnt down in World War 2. The castle has recently undergone thorough renovation, and today, one can hardly imagine that it had been almost completely destroyed.