Cookies - This website uses some advertising cookies to improve its performance.

Tržič

The settlement called Ljubeljski trg was located much higher, but was buried beneath the avalanche. People had to move in the valley and they created a settlement called Neumarktl. It was granted the city rights towards the end of the 15th century. The locals organise an annual festival each first Sunday in September, called "The Shoemaking Sunday". A large part of the city was burnt down during the fire in the year 1811, but was later on renovated.

Photo: Maja Vuksanić

Tržič
Web site production